The aim of the Fyssen Foundation is to "encourage all forms of scientific inquiry into cognitive mechanisms, including thought and
reasoning, which underlie animal and human behavior; their biological and cultural bases, and phylogenetic and ontogenetic development".
The Foundation supports research in ethology, psychology,
neurobiology, anthropology, ethnology, human paleontology and archaeologie.Within the context of general activities, the Fyssen Foundation will
award : RESEARCH GRANTS
They are intended to support post-doctoral
researchers, under 35 years of age in the biological sciences and under 40 years of age in the human sciences, rather already holder of a post,
who wish to work independently by establishing around them a research team to achieve a collective scientific operation in a laboratory in France
and who will work in keeping with the Foundation's goals. Priority will be given to researchers who will develop their project in a
different laboratory from the one they received their doctorate (Ph.D.) and from the laboratory(ies) where they are working at present.
The research grant, for one year without renewal, could range from 15000 to 30000 euros.
Applications should consist of :
- the form "Research Grant" (no form available)
- letter from the inviting laboratory, with the original in the file Nº 1
- recommendation letters from two senior
scientists outside the inviting laboratory, with the originals in the file Nº 1
- applicants curriculum vitae and list of
- description of the research project : 5 pages maximum
- description of the budget forecasts
- list of people who have been approached about
working on the research project
- list of other financial requests
- a summary of the research project in French AND in English : on 1 page only.
The complete proposal should be sent by post in
15 copies to : Secrétariat de la Fondation Fyssen, 194 rue de Rivoli - 75001 PARIS France
Date for receipt at the Foundation : BEFORE OCTOBER 31st, 2009